The new Preston Trail Board met yesterday to brainstorm ideas and improvements for the Chapter.
Some of the items discussed include:
- More strategic monthly speakers focusing on professional development, area growth, and local issues.
- Increasing the number of Chapter/Member events outside of our monthly luncheons (e.g. Community outreach, social events, etc.).
- Continuing to focus our involvement on STEM initiatives through volunteer events and grants.
- Providing increased opportunities for members to get involved in the Chapter.
- Further promoting the benefits and necessity of becoming a member of NSPE/TSPE.
- Further increasing the success of our two largest programs, Mathcounts and Engineer’s Week.
Do you have any ideas? Let us know!
We look forward to a great year ahead and are excited for some of the upcoming opportunities.
Have a safe and fun holiday weekend everyone!
Nick Ataie, P.E., TSPE Preston Trail President