The TSPE Preston Trail Board wants your feedback on our programs!
SURVEY LINK: http://tinyurl.com/zos4hox
This feedback allows us to coordinate monthly speakers to discuss topics that interest you!
SAVE THE DATE
August 18, 2016 @ 12PM
Canyon Creek Country Club, Richardson
August Preston Trail Luncheon
Guest Speaker: Lani Marshall, P.E. (TxDOT Procurements and Common Mistakes)
This month we are excited to have Kelvin Solco of the Federal Aviation Administration discuss “An FAA overview including the FAA’s Strategic Initiatives in relation to today’s National Airspace System (NAS ) Airports and Projects, the Next Generation Air Traffic System, and Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) Background and Rulemaking.”
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER NOW
The City of Wylie (pop, 49,000) seeks a City Engineer for our three-person engineering department. This position is open for the first time in fifteen years due to a promotion.
More information can be found on the City of Wylie Employment Opportunities Page.
The new Preston Trail Board met yesterday to brainstorm ideas and improvements for the Chapter.
2016-2017 TSPE Preston Trail Board Retreat (6/30/16)
Some of the items discussed include:
- More strategic monthly speakers focusing on professional development, area growth, and local issues.
- Increasing the number of Chapter/Member events outside of our monthly luncheons (e.g. Community outreach, social events, etc.).
- Continuing to focus our involvement on STEM initiatives through volunteer events and grants.
- Providing increased opportunities for members to get involved in the Chapter.
- Further promoting the benefits and necessity of becoming a member of NSPE/TSPE.
- Further increasing the success of our two largest programs, Mathcounts and Engineer’s Week.
Do you have any ideas? Let us know!
We look forward to a great year ahead and are excited for some of the upcoming opportunities.
Have a safe and fun holiday weekend everyone!
Nick Ataie, P.E., TSPE Preston Trail President